Farming Cannabis in Oklahoma.
Oklahoma currently has the biggest opportunities to get into the Cannabis Industry as their program is still less than 1 year old and growing rapidly. They are accepting applications for Commercial Grow Licenses, Processing Licenses & Dispensary Licenses for a limited time. Oklahoma is 1 of only a few states that allow a single entity to be involved in all 3 Phases, Growing, Processing & Dispensing which makes it a unique business opportunity. Oklahoma is considered to be 1 of the easiest states to get approved for a Commercial Grow with only a 1-3 week turnaround time for approval and only $2,500.00 per license.
Oklahoma has approved openings of over 1,900 dispensaries who all need local supply of quality medical cannabis for their patients. Oklahoma has 1 of the highest price per pound in the nation so if you can grow medical cannabis there is a long list of dispensaries who will buy it and right now prices are well above $2,000 per pound for LED Indoor grown cannabis.
As of September 2019 here is what Oklahoma has approved so far
Patient Medical Cards Approved: 197,084
Commercial Grow Licenses: 4,507
Medical Cannabis Dispensaries: 1,954
Medical Cannabis Processor: 1,270
Requirements To apply for Commercial Grow License in Oklahoma
- Applicants must be 25 or older.
- Individual applicants must be Oklahoma resident or partnered with a Oklahoma residence under a single entity
- Members, managers, and board members of entity applicants must all be Oklahoma residents.
- Entities must show that at least 75% ownership held by an Oklahoma resident.
- All owners and officers must provide a background check; nonviolent felony convictions in the last two years and any other felony conviction in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.
- Unless the business entity is a Sole Proprietorship or General Partnership, the applying entity must submit a copy of the Oklahoma Secretary of State’s certificate of good standing document. For more information, visit the Oklahoma Secretary of State at www.sos.ok.gov.
- Dispensaries must provide proof that they are not within 1,000 feet of any entrance of a school of any kind.
Proof of identity can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the following unexpired, valid documents:
- Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
- Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
- U.S. passport or other photo identification issued by the U.S government
- Tribal identification card approved for identification purposes by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety:
- United States Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card or a Oklahoma tribal photo identification card.
Each owner will need to supply an Affidavit of Lawful Presence Form and supporting documentation if he or she is not a U.S. citizen.
New requirements starting August 30, 2019:
- Applicants must supply a Certificate of Compliance for their business location
- No individual with ownership interest in the business can be a sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer or prosecuting officer, or an officer or employee of OMMA or a municipality in which the commercial entity is located.
- Applicants must supply ownership disclosure documentation
- Applicants must provide proof of good standing from the Secretary of State (SOS) and/or their permit from the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC), if applicable, depending on the business type and business structure:
Click here to apply for a license for a Oklahoma Commercial Grow, Processing License or Dispensary License.
Need help with your Commercial Grow? Contact us Directly!
Click here to see our 5 Steps to starting a Commercial Grow Facility.
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority
Author: Weston G.